Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Last Week Today


Seems like everyone is always rushing...On the road last week, I watched a Stingray float through traffic like the creature the automobile is justly named after. The escapade of the flying machine, grounded sadly by four wheels and gravity only ended once the light turned red at the intersection and mine turned green.

Ramble On.

The snow is melting here in Northern Indiana, new destination: nowheresville, and I am unsure what season we are collectively participating in...Every time I open and close my eyelids, the sun is setting then rising slowly over the horizon. The snow falls, stops, then starts again, only to be replaced with rain a half hour later and sixty-degree weather the following day. It would be so easy to blame such environmental, seasonal madness on greenhouse gasses and global warming. But I believe I am content in knowing all things eventually come to an end soon enough--seasons, television shows, songs, and lives.

Turn the Page.

As per previous posts I feel it mundane, and yet lazy not to mention the clothing of the man sitting to my left in the crowded movie theater. He whispers to his morose looking female companion while rubbing popcorn butter from his fingers onto the knees of his discount store brand jeans. I know the brand--$29.95, at Kohls. "This movie is going to be awesome," he says to her, and then grins content with the movie screen. "Oh, yeah," she replies, never once looking up from her cell phone. She sighs. And while finishing another text, to another boy, in another hell other than this one, she says, under her breath, "I'm sure."






Photo Credits: http://www.freeimages.com/
//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Your_Blessings_%28Bring_Me_the_Horizon_album%29

No comments:

Post a Comment